Age appropriate baby stimulation specialists!
Moms and Babes Workshop
For babies aged between 2 and 12 months.
Moms and Babes Workshop is an age appropriate play activity programme developed by an Occupational therapist and Physiotherapist for babies in their first year to enhance development and strengthen the bond between mother and baby.
You and your baby attend a 1½ hour workshop once a week on a fixed day of the week. Selected franchises offer workshops on Saturdays as well.
Our programme offers and includes:
- Guided play and exploration with age-appropriate toys.
- Outdoor play, gross motor activities and obstacle courses.
- Learning easy exercises to do with your baby, to encourage the development of his or her gross and fine motor skills.
- Activities that improve eye movement, eye focus and eye-hand co-ordination.
- Encouraging your baby to discover the fun and joy of movement through music, rhymes and songs.
- Encouraging your baby to explore textures through messy play and “feeling” experiences which educate the sense of touch, helping small hands become more nimble.
- Stimulating your baby’s senses, especially the two hidden senses i.e. proprioception and the vestibular sense.
- Intimately bonding with your baby while learning to do baby massage.
- Valuable socialising with other moms and their babies.
- Making simple and effective toys for tiny babies.
- On hand information articles by Occupational and Physiotherapists regarding your baby’s needs and development.
- Asking questions and receiving advice or assistance regarding raising a balanced and nurtured baby.
Our workshops are specifically designed to encourage:
- Gross and fine motor skill development
- Sensory development and integration
- Development of play
- Emotional and social development
- Language and cognitive development
To allow for age-appropriate motor skill stimulation and development, Moms and Babes Workshop is divided into 3 age-groups:
- Tiny Babes (2 to 6 Months) – we focus on teaching your baby to roll and sit independently.
- Babes (6 to 9 Months) – we focus on teaching you how to encourage your baby to crawl.
- Busy Babes (9 to 12 Months) – we focus on coaching your baby to stand and walk without support.
The Workshops are designed to create a stress-free environment, encouraging moms and babies to learn and develop at a steady pace. Find out more about the benefits.