Learn while you play!
Moms and Tots Workshop
Suitable for toddlers aged between 1 and 3½ Years.
Moms and Tots Workshop is an age appropriate stimulation programme developed for toddlers to enhance co-ordination and perceptual skills, encourage the love of learning and to enrich the relationship between mother and toddler.
You and your toddler attend a 1½ - 2 hour workshop once a week on a fixed day of the week. Selected franchises offer workshops on Saturdays as well.
Our programme offers and includes:
- Guided free play and exploration with age appropriate educational toys.
- Outdoor play, gross motor activities and obstacle courses.
- Encouraging your toddler to discover the fun and joy of movement through music, rhymes and songs
- Developing your toddler’s perceptual skills, which are vital for academic learning at a later stage.
- Activities that improve visual perception which includes visual discrimination, foreground/background perception, visual memory and eye-hand co-ordination.
- Enhancing sensory awareness through messy play.
- Fostering creativity and sparking imagination through story time and making of simple crafts.
- Encouraging the development of social skills by learning to take turns, share toys, follow rules, etc.
- Valuable socialising with other moms and toddlers.
- On hand information articles by Psychologists, Occupational therapists and Physiotherapists regarding your toddler’s needs and development.
- Asking questions and receiving advice or assistance regarding your toddler’s development and well-being.
Our workshops are specifically designed to encourage:
- Gross and fine motor skill development
- Sensory development and integration
- Development of play
- Emotional and social development
- Language and cognitive development
To allow for age appropriate stimulation and development, Moms and Tots Workshop is divided into 2 age-groups:
- Tiny Tots (12 to 18 Months) – to allow for shorter attention spans, we focus on action play for a shorter duration of time and special emphasis is placed on gross motor co-ordination.
- Tots (1½ to 3½ Years) – we focus activities on an expanding concentration span, whilst offering more structure to play activities for toddlers to facilitate learning and development.